Though, Monsoon in India is a much awaited season for some, while for others, the weather bring despair. The daily commuters who have to travel by vehicle face many difficult situations during this time.Here are some driving tips that ensure a safe drive during rainy season.
- Maintain mild pressure on the brake pedal to stop or slow down and do not brake hard or lock the wheels as this also leads to skidding of the car.
- Replace the windshield wipers at least once in a year as bad wiper blades do not give clear visibility.
- Use headlights while driving in rain as it helps to see the road clearly.
- Do not follow large trucks or busses too closely as the spray created by their large tyres reduce visibility.
- It is hard to manage the car in deep water. Hence, try to use the middle lanes as water tends to pool in outside lanes and also avoid lane change.
- Avoid driving on standing water as it is difficult to judge the depth of it and it could also be covering a pothole.
- During rain the windows gets fogged very soon due to high humidity. If the car is air conditioned then turn up the heat and direct the airflow to defrost.
- In a non-AC car, open the windows alittle to keep the air moving.