Pay High for:
- Import Duty on set top boxes hiked to 10%
- Service tax will be levied on all air-conditioned restaurants
- Excise duty on mobile phones costing more than Rs 2000 raised to 6%. As a result, mobile phones will cost more.
- Excise duty on marbles from Rs 30 per square metre to Rs 60 per square metre.
- Duty on raw silk has been increased from 5% to 15%.
Pay less for:
- The Union Budget exempted handmade carpets and textile floor coverings of coir or jute from excise duty.
- The Prices of leather goods and leather footwear will come down. The Union Budget reduced customs duty on specified machinery for manufacture of leather and leather goods, including footwear, from 7.5% to 5%.
- The Budget reduced customs duty on precious and semi-precious stones from 10% to 2%.