“Minchina Nondani” means Lightning registration or quick registration is the mantra for Karnataka election 2018. The ‘Minchina Nondani’ (special voter enrolment drive) is a special drive initiated across the State by the Chief Electoral Officer, Karnataka. Minchina Nondani held in on April 8 Sunday and the response was good.
Karnataka election 2018
The Election Commission of India has taken several measures to make the poll process smooth and for the convenience of the voters. Among the steps are to set up voter service centres near the booths on behalf of the Commission to make the election process smooth, effective and transparent. At these service centres, voters can clear their doubts on the election and the voting process. Last day for enrolment is April 14, 2018. Those who enrol after April 14 won’t be able to vote for this election which will be held on May 12, 2018.
New voters who have turned 18 and above as on 1.1.2018 had to carry their birth certificate and any one of the documents — Aadhaar card, passport, ration card, electricity bill, house rent agreement, bank pass book or driving licence — to prove their place of residence. They had to carry two passport size photographs to be handed over to officials. NRIs had to carry a separate set of documents and fill special forms.
Before April 14, 2018:
- Visit the polling booth near your house to check if your name is in the voter list.
- If your name is missing in your polling booth may be your polling booth has changed. Confirm the polling booth and even if your name is missing, enrol in the Special Enrolment Drive.
- Visit the polling booth with two passport size photos, ID and address proof.
- Last day for enrolment is April 14, 2018.
- You can Register for enrolment by online.