Seven fruits that helps to keep you cool and healthy in this Summer.
1) Water Melon: This fruit is number one in the list as it helps to protect the skin against sun damage and has high water content. This helps to keep you hydrated and refreshed. Good source of Vitamin A and C
2) Mango: Who can avoid this fruit which also known as the king of all the fruits. Mangoes are native to South Asia and it won’t be wrong if we say the National fruit of India. A summer drink called aam panna, a thick juice made of mangoes with sugar and milk and famous in this season. Rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C as well as minerals like potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
3) Papaya: A delicious tropical fruit that helps in the proper digestion of proteins. Extremely high in vitamins A, vitamin C, folate and other phytochemicals. If used for skin or home made treatment gives the fresh glow to skin and slow down the ageing process.
4) Banana: Highly nutritious food to keep you energetic and active. Banana has vitamin A, phosphorous, carbohydrate, and iron and when the banana get ripen, it comprises glucose, fructose, sucrose and fibre. It enhances the mental alertness and boost brain power.
5) Lemon: Like Water melon, Lemon is also an important fruit for summer which is advised to be taken as juice with salt or sugar mixed in water/soda to quench your thirst. Lemon is rich in Vitamin C.
6) Orange: Orange helps in refilling the lost potassium through sweat and the source of vitamin C, thiamin and folate for you which provides you natural UV protection, brings down stress levels and enhance the production of red blood cells in your body. Also replenish the potassium lost through perspiration and provide relief in muscular cramps.
7) Grapes: Grapes are an obvious summer choice – readily available, easy to eat and excellent in quenching hunger and thirst and thus best choice for summers. Low on saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. A good source of Vitamin C and K.